Over a decade ago, when I picked up the book Multiple Streams of Income by Robert G. Allen, I was obsessed with the chapter about Infopreneuring.
In the book Infopreneuring is described as the ability to earn money from information. So when I learned about this back then, I was determined to make monetizing my content as one of my entrepreneur business goals.
It did take me a while to make this dream a reality, but I have to say it was well worth the effort I put in making it happen. I love having had created online courses that's monetizing my content and I get paid even while I sleep. Hello WIN-WIN!!
When looking for support in developing a strategy to monetize your own content for creating your own Girl Boss business, I find the success is in the details.
There are vast opportunities to monetize your content, and not one way fits all. What worked for one person may not work for you, which is why it's important to know the details of what you're offering is essential to making infopreneuring a success.
For considering a strategy in monetizing your content, ask yourself the following key questions first:
The answers you have for these will help you outline the details you need for achieving what will work best for you in monetizing your own content.
1) What are you super excited about sharing as an infopreneur?
- For example, is it a particular expertise you have, a passion for supporting others in a certain way, or a hobby you're ready to make into an ongoing revenue source.
2) How would you like to share it with the world?
- Is it a book, a blog, an online course, a podcast, a product, a service, etc. Write out here how you would like to share this.
3) What do you need to create it?
- I suggest being specific on what you need and how you want to use this to help you monetize your content.
- For example, when I started, monetizing an online course was my goal, and I tried many different online hosting services because I at first had not gotten specific on how I wanted to use this technology. After much trial and error, I decided that I required an online course hosting service that was easy to use, and this is how I found Kajabi to host all my online course. Kajabi is my favorite to host online courses and wished I had this one early on.
- Again be detailed in answering this question, as it will help you determine the details in what you need for helping you monetize your content.
4) Who would be the ideal market/client to sell to?
- Who is the individual you want to sell this to, and why are they excited to pay you for it. Define what challenge you're solving for them and how you will help their lives.
5) Where does your ideal market/client hang out for you to reach them?
- Determine where your ideal market hangs out to get your amazing content in front of them. Knowing this will help you determine how best to reach out and connect with your ideal client.
To begin determining your strategy for monetizing your content today, use the answers to the questions above as your guideline. The answers will help you determine how to start the process of making your Girl Boss business dream of monetizing your content a success today.
Wanna get more FREE Girl Boss Empowerment Tips?
Sign-up here to my Newsletter today. Receive weekly directly to your inbox, Empowerment Tips for helping you Empower Your Business every day.